Mobile Devices Under Attack
Improving Patient Outcomes through Technology
May 10th, 2018
Mobile Users 18x More Likely to be Hit With Phishing than Malware
As more health care organizations communications take place over mobile devices apps like Facebook, LinkedIn and WhatsApp are being targeted more heavily as weak links in your digital life.
According to Verizon 2018 Data Breach Investigations Report, 90% of cyberattacks begin with phishing.
Phishing allows an attacker to bypass all the protections provided by iOS and Android.
But I Love Facebook!
Listen, Facebook is more than fun…
Employers will look at your social media platforms to basically background check you before hiring you, so while the amount of followers or friends you have may be beneficial in one area the amount of personal data required for a profile leaves bad actors with items like;
-Your personal email,
-Phone number, or
-WhatsApp contact info.
All gaping doors for unsolicited phishing attacks which can take down your entire organizations infrastructure through attacks like Ransomware!
Data loss = financial loss…
More reasons to be wary of social media:
1. Employees giving up sensitive information accidentally.
2. Spoofed Accounts (Fake accounts that are acting like people or businesses you think you know).
3. Malicious users targeting employees through social media platforms to get to your company.
4. Malicious users targeting people to hack into their lives and devices.
5. Companies gathering data through social media.
6. Social media platforms using your data in ways you wouldn’t approve of if you knew.
A robust security platform like EverComm Secured by Gabriel should include:
• The ability to secure IoT machines on a private network.
•A BAA (Business Associate Agreement).
• Multiple communications modalities within the app to avoid user errors.
• Data not stored or cached in third party data centers without a BAA in place.
• Encryption for data in transit and data at rest.
• Ability to meet state by state HIPAA data retention requirements.
Not sure how to get started? Email us to receive the 2018 Benefits of Secure Communications now!
Asgard Managed Services welcomes your feedback
to reach us call: 888-941-9941 or
email us at email@example.com or
visit us at: www.myevershield.com
Copyright 2018 Asgard Managed Services – All Rights Reserved