Now, you might be thinking that sure that can be done but shouldn’t they have policies for that type of thing?
The answer to that is maybe they do but that is not the problem.
All it takes is a single malicious user or person with a grudge to decide to take advantage of this security hole and then your conversations are no longer secure.
The question is do you trust both the applications utilized in your organization and personnel with server level access? Are you willing to take the risk?
At Asgard, we see first hand how the right use of technology directly improves patient response times and the continuity of care directly affects the success of your health care business and the lives of your patients.
A robust communication platform like EverComm Secured by Gabriel should include:
• A BAA (Business Associate Agreement).
• Multiple communications modalities within the app to avoid user errors.
• Data not stored or cached in third party data centers without a BAA in place.
• Encryption for data in transit and data at rest.
• Ability to meet state by state HIPAA data retention requirements.
Not sure how to get started? Email us to receive the 2018 Benefits of Secure Communications now!